Farmers Bank opened its door for business in a side room of Milton Houston General Merchandise building in 1907.
The first board of directors were John H. Jennings, President, Will Jordan, S.L. Jennings, Frank Houston, Joe Wheat and M.L. Houston, who served as vice president and Joe Jennings as Cashier.
The first depositor was the late Mossie Arnold, former County Historian, who deposited ten cents ($.10). Rent for the building was $2.50 a month and the Cashier received $45 per month.
In 1911 the first bank building was constructed at 111 Tenn. Ave. S. at the cost of $1,680.67. The bank survived the serious depression of the early 1930’s. It was among the first to open after the president closed all banks.
Mr. H.L. Townsend, Jr.
Joined Farmers Bank in 1957
President since 1979
In December 1944 the bank reached a milestone in operation with a total asset of one million dollars.
With continued growth and after two additions to the old bank quarters, the
directors decided to construct a new building. The bank, located at 121
Tennessee Ave., S., opened for business April 7, 1954.
With continuing growth, the Bank once again needed more space, and constructed its current headquarters on the corner of Tennessee Avenue and Main Street in 1979, and moved into the new facilities in 1980.
|Our Original Officers:
• John H. Jennings
• Will E. Jordan
• S. L. Jennings
• J. F. (Frank) Houston
• Joe Jennings
• Joe Wheat
• Milton Houston
• President-John H. Jennings
• Vice-President-Milton L. Houston
• Cashier-Joe Jennings
Customer Service Staff
H.L. Townsend, Jr. Joined Farmers Bank in 1957
President since 1979
Carolyn Townsend Joined Farmers Bank in 1975
Became Cashier in 1981
Sr. Vice President and Cashier
Joined Farmers Bank in 1989
Executive Vice President
• Valerie Townsend - Asst Cashier/Vice President, CSR
• Donna Norris - Vice President, CFO
• Jason Leonard - Assistant Vice President, Customer Service Representative
• Sue Haas - Banking Specialist
Miller - Head Teller
• Tisha Tolley - Teller
• Amy Scott - Teller
• Angela Pinckley - Banking Specialist,
• Rachel Sanders - Teller
Farmers Bank is a community bank located in Parsons, Tennessee, midway between Memphis and Nashville in Decatur County.
Farmers Bank is a full service community bank insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.